Wednesday, January 25

《开心乐龙龙》bento

CHOCO. RECIPE
 Chinese new year bento 
"开心乐龙龙"


Well...I know it's been a long long time I didn't update my choco.recipe... 
Since it's CNY and finally I could rest my feet and get into something which I really interested and wanted to try since ages...
"BENTO"
Bento (弁当 bentō) is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine. A traditional bento consists of rice, fish or meat, and one or more pickled or cooked vegetables, usually in a box-shaped container.

here are the ingredients....



Ingredients:
carrot
1 cup of rice
broccoli
Caesar salad
cheese
mandarin orange
seaweed
sesame seed

Tools:
scissors
knife
tray/bento box/container

Steps:
(1) Blend your carrot until smooth. Do not add too much water as we want to remain the sharp color. 
(2) Boil rice with blended carrot juice.
(3) Ready your ingredients and you can start to make the bento according to the picture.(seen below)
(4) For me, I drafted the picture..=)
ignore my ugly drawing...I labeled the parts for ingredients to use..it helps for a 1st timer like me...

 this is the outcome of carrot rice
i swear I never use any coloring here!!!
the orange color was surprising nice~^^

 now let's decor your bento with some healthy vege and some idea from the ingredients that you have..
you don't have to follow mine...this is just an idea for you...of course the more ingredients you have the better outcome you can get...express your creativity here!!! I simply created this with limited ingredients and also the idea from Chinese New Year. It's my dragon year...heheheheh.... (^o^)v

here's the close-up of my 开心乐龙龙
this guy hits the market this year...
sadly I don't get to own 1 but then was thinking to create myself....XP
although it might look a bit different from the actual one but 1st time of making mah can't be that perfect right...=P
it took me around 2hours to finish this project...
all the carrots and seaweed cut outs really have to depend on ones skill....
for a beginner like me...more to improve and it was tough!!!><
wooooo~~~~~
tiring....but satisfied~because i love the art from food...
he's CUTE and with a happie face!! =D

 even those oranges were alive!!!!!

alright the whole finish product of my 1st bento 《开心乐龙龙》
here's the actual 《开心乐龙龙》
Happie Chinese New Year...
finish my second day Chinese New Year celebration with great relatives visits...

4 comments:

missyblurkit said...

2 hours to make that? you're a patient person:D how long did it take you to eat it up?

gong hei fatt choy.

chocotheclown said...

1st time no experience....=P
the eating part...huuu....my dad refused to taste coz he claimed that my hand dirty...so i have to finish it up..glad my mom help me...heee happie new year 2u2...=)

Ken said...

Wow, impressive for the patience and creativity, how long it took u to prepare this bento ? :P

chocotheclown said...

thanks thanks....=)
well.....actually d preparation was fast...just dat the decorating part took me ages...no experience i guess...but fascinating to see my own piece of art work...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...