Monday, November 18

1Utama Wonder Food Adventure

Did you know that 1 Utama is world's 4th largest mall? Hence, I bet there will be lots of food in this largest mall. Thanks to 1 Utama and The Butterfly Project Malaysia for giving me the opportunity to join a gastronomic wonder food adventure yesterday with 50 food and lifestyle bloggers.

In conjunction with 1 Utama's Wonder Food event from 4th-24th November 2013, I am lucky enough to have the chance to explore and savour the wide variety of chic eateries offered at 1 Utama Food Street!



What so special about Food Street?
Shoppers can now visit 1 Utama's Food Street to satisfy their carvings for authentic local street food instead of travelling to Penang or Melaka!This sounds awesome right?It's like a food gathering!
 
LG Promenade: SS2 Goreng Pisang, Ninja Joe, Seaweed Club, I Love Yoo, Eat & Happy Yong Tau Foo, Oyster King, Bisou, Mr Cendol, Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh, Ko Hyang Korean Country Delights.

LG Highstreet: Lameeya, BBQ Chicken, Food Box, Vivo American Pizza and Panini, and Lava.

Privileges of ONECARD
  • earn 1 UPoint for every RM1 spent at ONECARD participating outlets
  • as prepaid parking ticket for hassle-free parking
  • gain exclusive entry to members-only parking at ONECARD preffered parking and platinum parking areas
  • cheaper parking rates
all pictures taken with my Samsung S3 phone because I was so silly to bring my DSLR along without battery....sigh....

This is my first ever food hunt at 1 Utama with 15 eateries and we have to complete our visits within 11am-4pm. After a short brief by Tammy and Illy, off we go with our passport and a goodie bag filled with lovely gifts.

Ready to have a visual FOOD TOUR with me here?
By the way,I'm not hunting all the yummy food alone.Fish,Karen,me and Melody went in a group.

1st stop
[non-halal]
#Ninja Joe
 Ninja Joe is an original Japanese quick serve concept best known for delicious pork burgers! We were given a number upon order and it is good that we can wait at our seat while waiting for our number.
Here's my order TONKATSU RM12.90.  Juicy pork patty servings packed between custom baked, ninja-sliced buns.The portion is just nice as a starter!

2nd stop
#Ko Hyang Korean Country Delights
This is not my 1st time trying Ko Hyang and I've tried The Garden's outlet. I love their bibimbap rice so much!I love korean food so you can trust my word!We ordered Bibimbap RM16.90 and Kim Chi Ji Gae RM15.90 and share out. Gosh look at the hot and spicy kimchi soup!!!It is so yummy to go with the rice and very appetizing! 

3rd
#I Love Yoo!

I Love Yoo aims to give food lovers a taste of the traditional with a modern twist!
Yao Char Kuai is one of my favourite Chinese snack and I strongly recommended it to be paired with plain porridge and soya bean! The crunchiness of Yao Char Kuai soaked with the soya bean it's a traditional eating way. In their menu, you can easily find butterfly bun,fried bun,sesame ball,sweet potato,tau foo fa and more!

4th stop
#SS2 Goreng Pisang

I ordered 炸香蕉 Pisang Goreng Banana Fritters and  番薯芋头夹年糕 Kuih Bakul lapis dengan Keledek & Keladi Sweet Glutinous Rice Cake layer with Sweet Potato & Yam. These are their best seller and yes they did not disappoint me!

5th stop
#Oyster King
Fried Oyster, (better known as 'O-Chien' or ‘O-A-Cian’ in Hokkien) RM9.Sorry I can't tell you further how good is the oyster because I afraid to eat this fat juicy looking fella...@____@ Anyways, I love the noodle!hahaha...You can find out Lala Fried MeeHoon and Lala Fried Rice here too.

6th stop
#Happy Yong Tau Foo

A variety of homemade fish paste and best of all you can pick your choice to pair with your desired way to eat them:curry,sweet sauce or soup. You can even order with noodle in their menu! Not a bad try huh?

7th stop
#Mr Cendol

Since 1952????Wow!!!That is a long long way man!!!What began as a passion for home cooked food in Ayer Tawar ( Perak ) in a small corner near the Main Road has now become a chain of modern but casual Malaysian eateries with 7 outlets to date.Checkout their menu which includes hot & cold drinks , snacks , noodles & rice meals!Each table ready with gula melaka so that you can add according to your sweet level!

8th stop
#Bisou
 
Ohhhh!!!!!melts for this!!!If you know me well, I'm a chocoholic and dessert freak!!!I just couldn't live a single day without them....okok abit too much...hahahahah..yea I love Bisou!!They offered a variety of dessert to cater your sweet tooth and their cupcakes are just adorable isn't it? As for Movember, they are introducing their CHOCOLISH cupcakes =)

 9th stop
# Seaweed Club

If you love seaweed and pohpiah, then you will go crazy with this. It is actually an outlet selling seaweed salad rolls and seaweed snacks. The rolls are sort of like "Chinese Popiah" but it is wrap up with an additional piece of seaweed and it came with few different flavour such as Original, Spicy, Wasabi, Tuna and Vegetarian, priced RM6 each. My favourite is spicy because I love the accent of the spicy taste! a very crunch munch and best to pair with their Jojobe tea(I love this!!!It's like red dates tea, mild and natural sweetness) and also their green tea.


10th stop
[non-halal]
#Pao Xiang Bah Kut Teh宝香绑线肉骨茶

You can only eat Bah Kut Teh in Klang?nah....you can have it too in 1Utama!
You Tiao and traditional Chinese Tea is the best to go with Bah Kut Teh!! Unlike any other Bak Kut Teh, their "String Tied Meat" is more aromatic and taste far greater. You will definitely savor how gently the meat dissolves in your mouth, followed with a concentrated explosion of great taste. My way of eating Bak Ku Teh is to soak the You Tiao with loads of soup then head it into your mouth!!

11th stop
# BBQ Chicken
 
This is really finger licking good!!!BBQ Chicken is Korean's No.1 Chicken Restaurant. I love that they use 100% Olive Oil for frying, creating a healthier taste.
The use of fresh instead of frozen chicken and fresh raw materials is their way to serve you the best and healthy chicken meal. BBQ Chickens are marinated in 30 types of natural spices for 12-15 hours to ensure that the chickens have absorbed the different spices.So, how can you not like it???


 12th stop
#Vivo American Pizza and Panini
We ordered their American style pizza because they keep their traditional way in making their pizza!The molten lava cake goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! We shared it because we were actually too full at this point!

  13th stop
#LAVA

Signature Dishes: Churros, French Macarons, Funnel Cake, Roti Paratha with Banana and Peanut Butter
I love their Churros as the dough is kind of chewy and it is so delicious to eat with a dash of cinnamon powder on it. 

14th stop
[non-halal]

Well, well, well....came to my last stop....Food Box!You can easily find your choice of Chinese cuisine!
 They have this Hakka Pork dish and rice bowl cake RM3.80 (2pcs).  

I felt like a santa claus with a huge tummy!HOHOHO.....XD
Oh gosh I left out one out of 15!!!!@_____@
LAMMEEYA!but it's ok, save regret for the next visit!!!


So...this is a picture of the monster who manage to complete 14 eateries within 5hours time!!!crazy fun experience!!!Thanks Tammy from The Butterfly Project Malaysia and 1 Utama for the invite! I enjoyed it alot of food hunting and get to know new bloggers... Love it! =)


photo credit to Melody(new friend)
-with Fish,Melody,me and Karen
Checkout 1Utama for more here:
www.1utama.com.mu
www.onecard.com.my
www.facebook.com/1Utama

Location:
 http://www.1utama.com.my/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=NcGGcVJdiWY%3d&tabid=59
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...